Friday, August 29, 2008

WOW! McCain Surprises Everyone

Last night as my husband and I watched the final night of the Democratic National Convention, I commented that I really felt McCain was up for a large challenge when facing Obama because of his promise of change; something our country yearns for. I was questioning what McCain could possibly do to jump start and electrify his campaign. I think we all received his answer this morning.

Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska and mother of five, has certainly put the spark back into McCain's campaign, and I must admit, has had me rivoted to my TV this morning as I am working. I was losing interest in this election. I really felt it was more of the same. Even last night as I watched Obama, who I think is a fabulous orator, I was not moved in his direction. There is a reason why I am undecided, but this morning I am at least excited again about this election. My mind is already reeling with the pros and cons, but I am eager to learn more about this woman and what she may possibly bring to the McCain ticket and to our country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be obnoxiously opinionated, but as a woman and a mother, I think McCain's selection showed extemely poor judgement. I'm a liberal in most of my positions, so more power to women, but there are other women so much more qualified to be on the ticket and possibly take office as President, if necessary. It's consistent with some of McCain's other attempts to seem hip, like saying Usher is his favorite musical artist. Ha!
Sorry, I just needed to vent.