Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday Morning News Just for Us

Good Morning Ladies,

I hope this morning finds you well and rested as you prepare to launch into a new week. I have finally recovered after my big birthday party weekend last week, but it makes me ask: "Why does it take me so much longer to recover?" I did have a couple of glasses of wine, but that wouldn't constitute a hangover. I'm talking about just being plain old tired for a longer period of time. Plus, I am slower on the cleanup.

In the old days I would have been whipping through the house; cleaning, straightening up and getting everything put away the very next day. Now I have a much more laid back attitude. "I'll get to it when I get to it," is my motto. As long as the food is put away and the dishwasher is running, I can move the chairs and put away those serving pieces later. Wow...that's a change in attitude.

But that's not all......as I was researching this morning, I realized a common theme again....change! Our tastebuds aren't as spunky as they once were....geez our taste buds are going too.... our bodies are more achy and we're drying up! Duh.....I guess that's why it's called "The Change."

I am determined to take this all in stride. Ok, my buds aren't as spunky, and I am a bit more achy, but I feel more alive and happier than ever. It's kind of nice not to be so driven to be the "queen of clean" and be more comfortable going with the flow. I think more about what I can do to have fun.

Today I will shop with my daughter for her homecoming dress, get a haircut, then come home and take a nap. Sounds like a fun plan to me! Hey...I kind of like this change in attitude!

Yikes....I am rambling this morning....so let me leave you with this question: "How do you 'embrace' this changing time in your life....physically, mentally and spiritually?"

No comments: