Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Morning News Just for Us

Good Morning Ladies!

As I prepare for the busy, upcoming week, I can't help but be a bit reflective of this past one. Last week, I had the opportunity to be interviewed by Nan Russell for her webtalk radio show called "Work Matters." Nan and I spoke at length about the ups and downs of starting a business. As we spoke, the discussion took a turn and focused on the fact that I was a middle aged woman embarking into unknown territory. Many of you know that I am a full time school teacher who also runs a business. With no real, previous business experience, and a rather full plate, she wanted to know what motivated me and keeps me motivated to plunge into a new arena, despite the fact that I have another full time job, a husband and children. She asked, "How do you find the time?"

My answer was "Passion." I am totally passionate about being able to bring women relief and help for a problem that so many of us face (night sweats) at this time in our lives. I love being able to write about and share what I learn, every day, about events and issues that have an impact on our lives. However, what I realized was that on a personal level, Lunar Radiance has brought me so much more than I ever expected.

I am invigorated, every day by the challenge. I am excited when I network with other boomer woman and see the amazing things they are doing. I feel empowered and alive. It is like a totally new side of my brain has been awakened and I am able to tackle activities that I never dreamed of. I have always been a cautious person, a bit hesitant to take a risk, but for some reason, I am not afraid. It is a great time to be a woman....the possibilities for us are endless!

What are your passions? How are your actualizing your dreams? Do you know a woman who is pursuing her passions or dreams?

Have a fabulous week ladies. Here is what's new this week.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I collect baby boomer sites. I'm linking to you!

Anonymous said...

Eileen,

I love what your wrote and couldn’t agree more. I believe that, once the discomforts of peri-menopause pass (and your products go a long way to help with those), women embark on one of the most exciting periods of their lives. As far as I’m concerned, I feel more confident, more energized, more willing to speak out, and better about myself than ever before. Menopause rocks!