Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Funny But True!



Someone sent this picture to me and I had to pass it on. So many of us boomer women are fighting the battle of the bulge.....I know I am. It isn't until I see myself in a picture that I have a reality check and realize that I have put on a few pounds, and boy they are stubborn. However, when I look in the mirror I see something different. I still think "Hmm...not too bad." Either I am extremely delusional or I have a highly developed self esteem. I prefer to believe the latter

While I am not completely happy with the extra love on my hips, I have finally gotten to a point where I am a bit more accepting of myself. I believe we need to strive to be healthy and fit, and yes I like when I can wear current fashions and feel good, but it is rather liberating not to have the blues just because my blue jeans are a bit snug.

What do you think when you look in the mirror?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen! A similar thing happens to me: I see myself in the mirror and I think I look OK, even kinda hot in certain lighting, but when I see myself in photographs I have such a fat head and have gained 30 pounds! Just to let you know some of us guys get that too.

Unknown said...

No kidding about the picture...I call it body dimorphism or something like that.

But wow,, its really hard to keep that weight down at 50+, anyone who says its not is not telling the truth.