Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday Morning News Just For Us

Happy Sunday Everyone,

I must admit, I am blogging in my pj's (wicking of course....ha ha) and it is noon! I am quite lazy this morning, but I am loving it. As I wrote last week, sometimes my "get up and go" is a little bit slow, but I enjoy my Sundays just doing what I want. Only thing is sometimes the morning carries over into the afternoon.

I did some cooking this weekend and made one of my favorite appetizers, so I thought I would include it today. It is sort of a shrimp antipasto; I'm not quite sure what the formal title would be but it is DELICIOUS, and is a guaranteed hit with company. Also, I am looking for a great shrimp scampi recipe. So if anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Have a great week and bon appetite!

1&1/2 LB COOKED,PEELED & DEVEINED SHRIMP (Try to stay away from frozen...they can be mushy)
6 OZ. PROVOLONE CHEESE CUBED
1CAN LARGE PITTED BLACK OLIVES
MARINATE IN MIXTURE BELOW OVER NIGHT (Make sure to refrigerate in a sealed container. Mix periodically)

MARINADE MIXTURE:
1 CUP VEG OIL
2/3 CUP REAL LEMON JUICE
2 T DIJON MUSTARD
2 T SUGAR
11/2 TSP THYME LEAVES
1 TSP SALT

ADD ONE HOUR BEFORE SERVING:
4OZ GENEO SALAMI-CUBED
1LG RED PEPPER (SOMTIMES I USE TWO)

No comments: