Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day My Boomer Friends


Happy Mother's Day to all! This post is being written from the Buffalo-Niagra International Airport. My husband and I are returning from the wedding of his niece. He traveled solo on Friday and I met him yesterday because I needed to stay behind to see my daughter off on her Senior Prom on Friday evening.

The activities of this weekend are so appropriate for Mother's day weekend because weddings and proms are such a mother daughter thing. On Friday, I bursted with pride as I watched my somewhat tomboyish daughter transform into a spectacular beauty. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was so lovely, and poised and again I was reminded of how she is just steps away from beginning a new and exciting part of her life. This is what I have been doing for the last 18 years....preparing her to move on as a self assured young woman. What better mother's day gift could I have asked for than to witness another step forward.

Yesterday, my sister-in-law watched as her daughter married. I watched Judy as her eyes glistened with tears of happiness and pride. For her this is another key moment in her life as well as the life of her daughter.

What beautiful mother's day gifts Judy and I received this weekend, and they are not the kind that can be bought, but they are the ones most precious.....they are memories that will never be forgotten.

No comments: