Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sleeping and Menopause

I didn't need to read an article to know that in the last couple of years, my sleep patterns have definitely taken a turn for the worse. Often it is difficult for me to fall asleep, and I can't remember the last time that I slept through the night. I am still perimenopausal, so I still have periods. As my period draws near, my sleep disturbances are worse as are my night sweats. At that time, I am always grateful for my wicking pajamas and nightgowns.

In my surfing today, I came across an article that provided more validation of my plight and the plight of many other perimenopausal and menopausal women, and I wanted to share it with you. It is titled Getting a Good Night's Sleep is the Biggest Problem For Women Entering Menopause. It states that "Sleep disruption is the most common and severe symptom reported by middle-aged women when their periods change and they start moving into the menopause, according to a study in the April issue of the UK-based Journal of Clinical Nursing." Click Here to read more.

Looking for more articles pertaining to menopause, perimenopause and assorted issues important to Baby Boomers? Click Here!

1 comment:

Rhea said...

I am not there yet. But one day I may experience all that menopause has to offer...