Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday-Sunday Morning News Just For Us!



I like football, I really do, but I have to admit, today doesn't really rank as a holiday for me like it does for many people around the country. My husband is not a football fan, my son is away at college and my teenage daughter has other plans. I'm kind of bummed. I feel like I'm missing out on something. Today I will have no excuse to overindulge in great food that is totally bad for me or throw my regular Sunday chores to the wayside.

When I think back to long ago when I was married to my first husband, my role on Super Bowl Sunday was mainly food preparer. We would usually pack up the car with our share of goodies and travel to a friend's house....the one who had the best TV. Then, the men would crowd around the TV to cheer, eat and drink. The women would spend a good part of the evening in the kitchen gabbing and laying out the spread. We would occassionally pop our heads into the family room and catch a score. Finally there would be the cleanup.

Hey....wait a minute....maybe I'm not so bummed after all!

Ladies, what are your plans for today? What is your role as a Super Bowl woman?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sunday Morning News Just For Us

For those of you who are not cooking or partying today, check out some of the latest news for boomer women from this week.

No comments: