Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday Morning News Just For Us!

Good Morning Everyone

The pace is picking up and the rush to the gift giving finish line is on! Yikes......I actually had to venture out yesterday into the parking lot jungle. Sometimes it can't be avoided. The good news for retailers is the shopping malls were packed.

While at the mall, my husband and I took the time to do something I haven't done in a long time. I visited Santa! Ok, I didn't actually sit on his lap, but we watched as one by one, sometimes two by two, children made their way up to jolly old St. Nick. I loved it.

The Santa we saw was extremely patient and obviously loved what he does. He talked quietly and the children spoke to him. They stared into his eyes and listened intently sometimes just nodding their heads. Of course, their parents were beaming. It took me back to a long time ago when my children were small, and made me smile and wonder how time has passed so quickly. Visiting Santa and watching made me feel kind of warm and fuzzy.....and no, it wasn't a hot flash! It was just nice to take a break from the hustle of shopping and enjoy the happiness of others.

So, let's see what is interesting this week in the world of baby boomers.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a hot flashing middle-of-the-nighter, I'm glad I found your site. I'm impressed you turned a nuisance into a business!

I also know thar after years of my babies keeping me up, I traded it for my mother keeping me up...(like many boomers, I began to care for my mom, suffering with Parkinson's and Alzheimer's).
I'd like to suggest my book, Mothering Mother: A
Daughter's Humorous and Heartbreaking Memoir. It's funny, gritt, tender, and real.
I hope you might suggest it to those you know in a similar situation.
~Carol D. O'Dell
www.mothering-mother.com