Friday, July 13, 2007

The Love Affair Between Women and Their Shoes

How many pairs of shoes do you have? How many pairs of black shoes do you have?

Tomorrow my husband's daughter is getting married. Of course I needed the perfect dress. I opted for a little black number....you know.....the most flattering dress I could find considering the recent upward flux of poundage. Actually, I am pretty happy with it (thank God for Spanx!), but what shoes would I wear? I can't tell you how many pairs of black dress shoes I have, but this outfit calls for something different. Of course it does! I know that metallics are all the rage this season, but I am a bit too conservative. Since I love to dance (my hobby is ballroom dancing) I need shoes that will be ultra comfortable. Hmmm...fashion and comfort.

After dragging my husband from store to store, I found the perfect pair. A beautiful pair of Steve Madden, black satin, 2 inch, sling back pumps with tiny white polka dots. I instantly fell in love. Yes...I had found shoe nirvana! I gleefully requested my 7 1/2 delights only to be told they did not have my size. Drats...back to the drawing board. What now? We left the mall empty handed, but I was determined. Today I went back to the mall and began my search. Low and behold, I found them and to make the search even sweeter, they were ON SALE! Wow! The Law of Attraction was really working for me today. Now my outfit will be complete. I am actually more excited about the shoes than I am the dress.

What is it about women and their shoes? Even my 17 year old daughter loves to match her flip flops with her outfits. Is it genetic? When does the love affair begin?

So ladies....what's in your closet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, a woman after my own heart! I love shoes...I think part of it is because my feet don't change sizes as often as my backside does!

Jane Carroll
www.berthasize.com