Thursday, July 5, 2007

How Did You Spend Your 4th of July?

Yesterday was such a great day. I had the good fortune to spend the day with two of my women friends, and even though the fireworks may have been dampened by the rain, the spirit of comraderie could not.

Since the three of us are all participating in a book group focusing on the book "Ask and It Is Given" a book focusing on the law of attraction, we spent a good part of the day talking about it, but there was more. As we munched our way through a bevy of food....of course a girl's gotta eat...we talked about our lives...past, present and future and celebrated "freedom." Not just the freedom that we were celebrating regarding our country, but the freedom we now have as "baby boomer women." We are all in the process of creating something, and very excited about the possibilites that the future holds.

I always leave those gatherings with my girlfriends feeling so blessed and grateful.

How did you celebrate freedom? What does a typical gathering of your girlfriends look like? What do your friendships mean to you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent my day with my kids and family. We always do the parade in town...cook out....tradition.

When I get time with my girlfriends, it doesn't matter if it's fancy or total dress down, it is always a hoot, and I feel great. I don't know what I would do without them.

Anonymous said...

Eileen, it looks great!
I love my girlfriends -- unfortunately they are scattered across the globe, so I spent Independence Day reading Eat, Pray, Love -- a great book!