Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Online Shopping in a Bad Economy

I love shopping on line! Obviously, since I have my own internet retail business selling wicking pajamas and wicking nightgowns, I am not afraid to fill my cart, pull out my card and click "complete transaction" on everything from tablewear to underwear.

Shopping online is cost effective, secure and easy. Even when it may be time to tighten our belts a bit, we still need to buy items. Women will continue to have night sweats and holiday shopping will still need to get done. So, why not look for the most cost and time efficient way to do so?

  • I love being able to take my time and browse a "store" at my leisure no matter what the time day or night.
  • I like having the ability to get answers to my questions regarding returns, colors, sizes etc. simply by "clicking" a link. I don't need to trudge through a store looking for someone to help me. If worse comes to worse, I just call the toll free number listed to have my question answered.
  • My time is valuable, so shopping conveniently for me is a blessing, and given the cost of gas, I am all about saving money by not using my car to drive all over town.
  • Prices are competitive online. Internet retailers know that it is EASY to do a price comparison. So in a bad economy when everyone is looking for a deal, you have a great opportunity to find one!
  • Most reputable sites have testimonials from customers that give the shopper an idea of whether the product is all it supposed to be. Read them! I rarely stop fellow shoppers in a store to get their opinion, but I will always read a testimonial. I can pretty much insure that my hard earned money is being well spent. Isn't that something we all want?
  • Hard to find items often can be found online. Wicking sleepwear is not easy to find in stores, but readily available on the internet. I recently found a certain type of briefcase for my husband on line that I was struggling to find in the real world.....reasonably priced too!

This past weekend, I was a bit of an internet shopping fiend. I went QVC wild. I watched the presentations, then jumped on my computer to order. I read the testimonials and picked up a couple of great deals. (All done while I was in my pajamas!)

2 comments:

Lisa @ Serah's said...

This is a great blog topic. It was on my list of things to address next on my blog. Very well written article!

Anonymous said...

Nice post!! Shopping online is something that is becoming increasingly popular. It’s a nice way to save money.