Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Welcome Back to School

Welcome back to school for me! After what seems to be a very short summer I have returned back to school today. Yes...in addition to owning my business I am a full time high school special ed. teacher (26 years and going strong). There is always a sense of anticipation and excitement each September. I don't sleep the night before and I love the smell of freshly waxed floors...ok a bit weird, I admit, but it's part of the job.

For me, September is a signal of renewal....new year, new students and new beginnings. September is the signal for be to start charging my batteries. I love the idea that I get to start again and look forward to trying to improve and make things better for my kids. What gets you fired up about your work? What do you do to keep your batteries charged?

No comments: