Sunday, August 5, 2007

Celebrating Abundance

Happy Sunday To All!

Usually I provide you with a list of current articles, but this Sunday I need to celebrate abundance and be grateful and I wanted to share it with you.

I am writing from one of the most beautiful places on the east coast.....Maryland's eastern shore. My brother and his wife have the most lovely home, and each year, my teenage daughter and I make our way here for a few days to celebrate and relax with other women in our family. We will spend the next couple of days, talking, reading, lounging and laughing...a lot of laughing!

As my daughter and I were driving here, we listened to fabulous music....a CD that she created with so many of my favorite songs. I was overcome with such joy and gratefulness. I am so lucky to have a daughter who wants to still spend time with me. I am so grateful that we have this time to spend together.

I feel the power of the abundance of family. We will share meals and snacks...many snacks and reminisce about times long gone by, and talk of our hopes for the future. We will do simple things, like playing cards and scrabble and if a storm rolls in, we will revel in nature's fireworks as the lightening dances across the Chesapeake. We will start our mornings by sleeping in, if we choose, and drinking our coffee and tea by the water.

For a brief time, we will take time out of our hectic lives to be together and enjoy.

As I write, a storm is moving in, so it would probably be smart of me to log off of my computer and join in the scrabble game, but I leave you with these thoughts: What do you have to be grateful for? From the smallest things to the largest, what abundance do you have in your life that you can celebrate?

Have a wonderful week ladies!

2 comments:

Bev Mahone said...

I, too, love the power of abundance when you can connect with women who share your feelings no matter what your background is. Sadly, we continue to be a culture driven by our prejudices rather than celebrating our milestones TOGETHER.

I celebrate being able to connect to women who look beyond the color of skin or religion and deal with you as a "human being."

sharon said...

I join you both in the appreciation of our being able to connect and enjoy the special relationships we as women share. There are many levels, and in a way they all have their special place in our lives. I am in the process of moving, and while I look forward to new friends and new adventures, it's the friendships that I have had for over 30 years that have sustained me through both good and bad - and I know will continue to do so.
That thought has made the move much easier for me, and I thank them all.